Saturday, January 30, 2010

Awesome Use of My Time


This week at Publix was a gooood week! I spent $45.26 and saved $104.66!  That's 70% savings!
Some of the good buys I got were:

(4) Uncle Ben Rice - .25  each
(4) Taco Bell kits- $1.35 each
(2) Aunt Jemima syrup-$1.45 each
(8) Dole Fruit cups-.97  each
(2) boxes Quaker Instant Oatmeal - .99 each
(2) Morning Star veggie pattie boxes- $1 each
(2) Soft Scrub- .75 each
(2) Aleve 24 ct- .05 each!
(6) Hunts diced tomatoes- .21 each!
(5) boxes of cereal - $1.66 each
(4) Birds Eye Steamfresh veggies- .49

My extra closet is beginning to get full! But, that's okay because we will eat all that food! :)  After leaving Publix, my sis then  picked up some meat on sale at Sweetbays.  She got three london broils and four packs of skinless chicken breasts and 2 packs of Purdue ground chicken  for $45.83.  That's enough meat for about 1 1/2 weeks in my house.  I still have ground beef and some chicken breast and a roast in my deep freezer.  Don't you just love those?  If you don't have one...it's a good way to save money.  Can you believe my sister managed to get all this done and back home in ONE HOUR?? She rocks! Thank you, Angel!

So, my sister just got around to making the Walgreens trip for me.  Since I have been feeling extra bad this week...she has done most of my trips.  Unfortunately, since we waited so long...they are out of the Sure deodorant that we planned to get for free.  I haven't called to ask if they offer rain checks and how that would work with store coupons. But, we still did pretty good.  Here's our loot:



We got all of this for **drum roll please** $16.16!  And that's including tax! We managed to get six of the Bic razors, which have 7 cartridges in each package! (they were free!)  So, what do you think? Am I crazy?  :)

Here's the rundown:
(2) Dijorno Pizzas  $5 with free sprite
(6) Bic Hybrid razors  **All free**
(4) Chex Mix  .50 each
(1) 2 liter Sprite  FREE
(4) cans Manwich  .44 each
(4) liquid CoffeMate .25 each
(2) Velveeta Mac n'Cheese   $1 each
(3) Pert Plus for Men 3 in 1 $1 each (plus $2 register reward for next trip)
(2)Arizona tea drinks  one we made a penny and the other we made $1.01 yes they paid us for buying it

And last but not least...Wal-Mart.  Four packages of Tuna free.



Just how long does it take to find all these deals and cut the coupons?  It takes me about 3 hours at most a week.  I do most of it while I am watching t.v.  That's pretty good use of my time. What do you think?  Would you be willing to take that much time out of your week to save this much money? It's a no brainer for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment