Friday, January 8, 2010

We are all crazy




This coupon thing has become an addiction of mine. Yes, sister...you can stop saying it. I've gone crazy. Coupon crazy.  It's gotten to the point that I don't want to shut down my computer because I know I can find just ONE more deal. The sneak peeks for the grocery store sales start on Tuesday/Wednesday.  By the time Thursday has rolled around I have my coupons printed and ready to go. And then I have to wait another 5 days for my next fix! I have begun sending texts, emails and msg's to most of my friends spouting off about the money they can save! I haven't been getting any replies. I think maybe I have gone overboard.  Someone may need to rescue me. BUT, one thing I have learned from watching many hours of Internvention is that you can't rescue someone who doesn't want to be saved.  :)

The other day I paid $5.99 for a bag of Ore Ida french fries. It almost killed me.  It reminded me of the time my best, long time friend, Cathy, became pale after buying an expensive pair of jeans. Well, they weren't really expensive, they just weren't Wal-Mart el cheapo jeans. :) I didn't understand it then. But, I do now.

I have become a walking coupon commercial. When I see a coupon, I see $$$$$. Couponing isn't like it use to be, where you stand in the store with your box of coupons desperately attempting to match up coupons with items to save a few dollars.  Now, someone figures it all out for you and posts all the deals online.  AND there are extra coupons that you can print online.  This week, I have over $80 worth of coupon savings.  Can I help it that I want all my friends to benefit from saving this kind of money? These companies are handing it over, freely. Why not take it?  Why do my friends keep shrugging me off?  Oh yah, I forgot, I can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved........ It's crazy. Just plain crazy, I tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment