I got the recipe from ALL RECIPES. It's good, but I adapted it. I always cut the oil in half and add applesauce. I didn't have cloves, so I increased the amount of cinnamon.
- 3 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil and 3/4 cup applesauce
- 3 cups white sugar, 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The top of the loaf should spring back when lightly pressed.
I think they came out a little too sweet. If I make it again, I will cut down the sugar. I'm sure the frosting didn't help any in the sugar content...but hey, it was screaming, "I NEED FROSTING".