Wednesday, December 22, 2010

In A Pickle

A sandwich just isn't a sandwich without a pickle. I have been out of pickles for a week. It leaves my sandwich so blah.  I went to the pickle aisle of the grocery store and stared at the price of my beloved jar of Vlassic Stackers pickles. $2.50  for a little jar.  I couldn't bring myself to pick it up.  I know I can get it for less than $1.50 with coupons at Publix, once they go on sale. ugh... what to do?  I mean, geez, it's only a dollar difference!  C'mon, what's a dollar?

I will tell you what a dollar is:

A dollar is 40% of the total cost! If you were going to buy a large item, such as a t.v. Would you pay $500 for one, or would you wait for it to go on sale for $300?  It's only $200, after all.

A wise man once told me, "It's not what you earn, it's what you save."  Those little dollars add up quick. If I spend a dollar on pickles, I spend another on something else. And it continues on.  I can wait for those pickles to go on sale.  I must, I must! But, for now, I will get some Mt. Olive pickles at Publix that are buy one get one free, which makes them about $1.40 a jar. They will do for now....while I'm in a pickle...until Vlassic goes on sale. :)

Go ahead and laugh. Say I'm crazy. I don't care. :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment